Thursday, June 11, 2009

Connections in any Zip Code

Hi, my name is Jenn and I graduated from Gettysburg just a few short weeks ago. As a very recent grad, I’m very excited to have the BOLD program to help me keep in touch with my classmates, network with other alumni and to stay connected to Gettysburg as a whole. It’s especially nice for me that so many of these connections can be maintained online because I am leaving the country for about a year this coming Fall. I’ve accepted a position teaching English in the French school system, living about an hour North of Paris. But don’t worry - Gettysburg isn’t getting rid of me that easily. That’s one of the reasons I chose to get involved with BOLD, KARE, and to be a Class Agent. Though I want to take some time away (very far away it seems), I don’t want to "leave" Gettysburg completely. I’m really looking forward to the events, networking and connections this program will facilitate, and I can’t wait to read the blog updates to keep in touch with campus. Who knows? Maybe I’ll even connect with some Gburg alums in France!

We did great work! Best wishes to everyone!

-Jenn Amols ‘09
BOLD Council Member

1 comment:

Agatha Wells said...

oh my goodness--I didn't know you were going to France!! That is AWESOME!! félicitations et bon voyage :)